Getting setup and ready for your interactive 360° virtual tour is very important when marketing properties online. To ensure the best most appealing tour, we offer the following tips for preparing your property for the virtual tour shoot. Remember, you want to create an environment that will allow future homebuyers to easily visualize themselves living here. In general, you will want to do the same activities as if preparing for a home showing or open house.
Preparing For A Virtual Tour
- Spruce up your garden and lawn. Trim shrubbery if necessary.
- Yard and patio should be neat. Outdoor furniture should be in good shape.
- Mow the lawn and make sure the driveway & entryway are free of clutter (toys, bikes, etc.).
- Remove cars from driveway and front of house.
- Winter - keep the sidewalks cleared of snow.
- Remove clutter and tidy up the shelves.
- Move excess furniture out of rooms. You want the space clean, open, and clutter-free (dog crates, tray tables, etc.).
- Replace burnt out light bulbs (the photographer will need light in most rooms).
- Make sure electrical cords are tucked away.
- Straighten cushions, bedding etc.
- Ensure all windows, mirrors and shinny surfaces are cleaned.
- Close all dresser drawers and closet doors; open doors between rooms for spacious feeling and easy 'flow' of tour.
- Conceal pet food bowls, litter boxes, pet toys.
- Kitchens photograph best with fewer appliances on counter, refrigerators free from pictures, etc.
- Make sure dirty/clean dishes are out of the sink & put away.
- Empty the garbage can.
- Put essential items used daily in a small box that can be stored away.
- Close toilet lid and empty the garbage.
- Clean mirrors & glass surfaces.
- Hang towels neatly from towel bar.
- Check the basics around the house (indoors & out). It takes just a minute to make sure the house is clutter-free and all is in order.
- Turn on as many lights as you can when the photographer arrives.
- Try not to be in the room the photographer is photographing as you may end up in the photo.
- For security reasons, hide any valuables you wish not to be included in photographs.
The Photographer Cannot:
- Move furniture
- Clean or dust
- Move garbage
- Pick up/move clutter (toys, dirty dishes, dog toys, etc.)
The home MUST be ready for the photographer when he/she arrives. Upon arrival our photographers can wait no longer than 5 minutes for additional home preparations. If a wait longer than this must happen we will have to move on to our next scheduled appointment and the virtual tour will be rescheduled. If this happens a rescheduling fee of $20.00 will apply.